28.10.13

I Need to Start Drawing Again...

So, Ender's Game comes out this Friday. I am so excited to go see it. I usually don't go to the movies if I can help it. I'd rather just wait for the movie to come out on DVD. But with this one, since I have waited so long for it I am going to make an exception.

This Friday also marks the first day of NaNoWriMo. I am hopeful that I will be able to stick with it this year. It doesn't matter to me if I get to the end and the novel is really rough or even total crap. To me, if I can set the goal of 50,000 words in one month, and follow through with it, it will be a huge deal to me regardless of the quality of my first draft.

I don't have a lot of content for this post, but I did want to share some pictures. Another of my hobbies that I really enjoy is drawing. Unfortunately, as with writing I have been out of the habit for quite some time. It really bugs me because I look back at these drawings and remember how much I loved it, and how much progress I made in a short time. Then I start thinking that like muscles that atrophy without exercise, my drawing "muscle" may be pretty weak at this point. My hope is that sharing these, and possibly getting some feedback may give me a push to start drawing again.


















1 comment:

  1. If you love drawing, you might enjoy charcoals. They cost close to nothing and they give beautiful results, if you have good paper and a special eraser that you can roll in a ball and twist around. The best advice I got when it comes to drawing is: don't draw the shadows, erase the light.

    I hope you'll continue drawing, it's an amazing way of forgetting about the rest of the world for a bit.

    ReplyDelete

So...what did you think?